CALL US: 913.214.1667
TOP RATED LOCAL® NUTRITIONIST
We’re all extremely busy these days, right? It’s practically impossible to get every vitamin and mineral, every day, that our body needs to function at its best. For this reason, I recommend certain supplements to fill in the nutritional gaps, and to enjoy between meals so that you stay satisfied, keep your blood sugar stabilized and stay on track to reach your goals.
Keep in mind that protein supplements are beneficial as long as a meal plan consisting mostly of whole foods. Also, protein/meal supplements should only be consumed once or twice per day. The remaining meals should be whole foods. When choosing what supplements to use, it is important to choose those with the best, highest quality ingredients. Also, if a supplement causes any indigestion or other issues, experiment with a different product.
If you feel confused about what supplements to choose, you’re not alone. There are a LOT out there to pick from. If you’d like to know what I recommend, I have partnered with a company called Jeunesse because they have perfectly balanced and formulated supplements in their Zen Bodi line. I personally used these products to help me achieve my goals, and I still use them now to help me maintain my weight. For that reason, I have listed one of the Zen products below with my supplement recommendations; however, there are a lot of great products out there. The important thing to consider when choosing supplements of any kind is whether they contain the proper balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates, and that they have high quality ingredients.
Some supplements that I recommend:
- A quality, balanced protein shake – I like the Zen Fuze protein by Jeunesse. It comes in chocolate or vanilla, and has 21 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 5 strains of probiotics per serving.
- Shakes should be used as a meal replacement for one of your PFC meals for those times when you don’t have the time to sit and eat a “real meal”. A lot of people use them mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon.
- Your favorite balanced protein bar – I like Fit Crunch and Think Thin bars. Choose any bar that you like; just make sure it is balanced. A protein bar should be used as a meal replacement for one of your PFC meals for the times you are on-the-go or too busy to sit and eat a “real meal”. A lot of people use them mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon.
- A quality multivitamin – It is critical to take a quality multivitamin AND mineral supplement each day to support your body and fill in your nutritional gaps. I have tried a lot of them out there, and my favorite is STRONG by Bode Pro. It is packed with so much nutrition, and it tastes like a fizzy orange drink! Another favorite, though not as complete, is HAPPY, also by Bode Pro. Click here to learn more about STRONG & HAPPY: https://mybode.com/jess/products. Regardless of what vitamin(s) you choose, be sure you are getting the recommended daily allowance of Omega 3 Fatty Acids (either from the foods you eat, such as salmon or other fatty fish, or from vitamins).
For optimum supplement absorption, please remember:
- Take all supplements with food (except for any meal replacement such as a protein shake or bar)
- Drink at least 8 oz. of water with vitamin/capsule supplements
- Take your supplements at a scheduled time each day to create a habit (does not include meal replacements such as shakes and bars – they can replace a meal any time during the day).